Our client is a German company that serves as a platform for comparing car leasing offers.
In the company as a whole, we're striving to be agile and make much use of Kanban boards, stand-up meetings, retros, and so on.
We're gradually migrating to Laravel 8 from Laravel 4.2. and we're starting to develop a custom migration tool to make the process semi-automatic since Laravel Shift doesn't do the trick in our case. Here, experience with similar large upgrades or switching from one framework to another is much welcome.
We are looking for a strong PHP developer to join our team. If you are enjoying pair programming, working in a small friendly team on big interesting challenges – this opportunity is for you.
- Strong PHP skills (preferable Laravel 4.2 & 8)
- Agile experience with Scrum/Kanban
- Development using Debian, Ubuntu, and Linux Mint
- A strong feeling of responsibility. Especially, delivering working and readable code.
- Strong analytical skills. Especially important:
- the ability to analyze complex parts of a system and understand how things work together, also when it's exceeding standard framework functionality
- identifying and handling edge cases
- A positive and open personality that:
- takes initiative
- brings own ideas
- asks early when something is unclear
- asks questions even though the questions may be stupid (because usually, they aren't)
- enjoys pair programming – video on
- The ability to work independently on a task
- Collaborate with dev engineers and business partners to deliver highest quality
- Participate in migration of system from Laravel 4.2 to Laravel 8 by writing clean, efficient and maintainable code
- Propose process improvements and changes
- Validating designs & requirements from the technical perspective
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Best hardware
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- An inspiring and comfy office
- Healthcare & Sport benefits
- Challenging tasks and innovative projects
- Meetups and events for professional development
- An individual development plan
- Mentorship program
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more