Our customer is an office supply retailing UK-based company which employs about 38,000 associates and operates 1,400 retail stores, e-commerce sites and a business-to-business sales organization. Across the job areas of retail, sales, supply chain and corporate, the company makes transformation of their product to the new level.
The Software Engineer is a hands-on developer who is responsible for creating software solutions that will help grow as a business. Use your talent to innovate and transform complex concepts into clean, simple solutions. Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Write well-documented, highly maintainable and performing code, with appropriate test coverage
- Investigate and resolve application issues, bottlenecks and inefficiencies
- Demonstrate in-depth experience with e-Commerce and web application technologies, especially in the areas of writing high performance, reliable and maintaining code
- Conduct and participate in code reviews that span multiple languages and applications
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and feedback as well as conducting design sessions, assisting in code deployments and day-to-day operations
- Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, etc.
- Participate in Agile Ceremonies to provide feedback and communicate issues/blockers and communicate project status.
- Excellent SASS/CSS skills (essential)
- Excellent HTML skills (essential), ideally with JSTL knowledge
- Knowledge of web security
- Knowledge of accessibility standards
- Knowledge of testing front-end work, both in-browser and code-based (such as Jest)
- Knowledge of responsive design
- Knowledge of build tools, such as Webpack
- Knowledge of GIT
- Standard 'ways of working' knowledge, such as conducting code reviews, working in an Agile team etc.
- Upper-Intermediate level of English
- Flexible working format - remote, office-based or flexible
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Flexible and personalized career growth
- Professional development tools (mentorship program, tech talks and trainings, centers of excellence, and more)
- Active tech communities with regular knowledge sharing
- Education reimbursement
- Paid vacation days, sick leaves, and days off
- Healthcare & Sport program
- Medical insurance
- Memorable anniversary presents
- Corporate events and team buildings