About the product:
Our client is a premier specialty food retailer based in the US. And we develop software solutions for their complex system of shops.
As a member of the Database team, you will be responsible for the maintenance and development of corporate data repositories in support of the application portfolio across the enterprise.
In this role, you will apply the practical knowledge of administering and developing enterprise-grade RDMS systems, data warehouses, project management acumen, plus a strong service-oriented approach to business customers.
You will play a key role in the enterprise data strategy development and execution, as well as ensure its alignment with the current business strategy and delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success.
- Works independently with general supervision
- Coaching and reviewing the work of lower-level team members and peers
- Ability to manage cross-functional team projects in areas of expertise
- Aids to fosters a service-oriented culture driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Contributes to the development of all aspects of corporate data strategy roadmap and ensures its integration with the broader IT and enterprise strategic objectives
- Aid in design and deliver secure data solutions that meet the “Always On” architectural standards
- Assists in managing the full lifecycle of the data portfolio of assets and services
- Stay current on industry trends on the following technologies: RDMS, Data Warehouse, Application Integration Platforms, Process Automation Platforms, and Data Transformation Tooling
- Leverage backup, replication, and encryption technologies to ensure corporate RDMS systems are always protected from loss or theft
- Participate in incident response & deployment activities
- Works with DBA Manager to drive the development of enterprise data technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure optimal data value to the enterprise
- Work to evolve the practice of data management and associated technologies
- All systems under responsibility scope should be compliant with company defined security best practices
- Support the continued adoption of agile project management methodology
- Provide Tier 1 support to database and data related issues.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent work experience. Master's degree is preferred.
- 3+/5+ years equivalent work experience or combination of education and work experience.
- Collaborate with other technical teams to assist in achievement of team agile sprint goals
- SQL Server RDMS
- Snowflake data warehouse cloud stack
- Process automation and orchestration technologies
- ETL/ELT data processing technologies
- High Availability enterprise technologies for all RDMS systems
- T-SQL, C#, REST, JSON, XML, Java Script, and Visual Studio development platform
- Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps to promote and manage source code
- RDMS performance measurement, tuning, and monitoring tools
- Data architecture and design using industry standard best practices
Nice to have:
- SQL Server, Snowflake, Tibco certifications preferred
- Rubrik data backup stack experience helpful
- AWS and Azure cloud RDMS systems experience helpful
- Flexible working format - remote, office-based or flexible
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Flexible and personalized career growth
- Professional development tools (mentorship program, tech talks and trainings, centers of excellence, and more)
- Active tech communities with regular knowledge sharing
- Education reimbursement
- Paid vacation days, sick leaves, and days off
- Healthcare & Sport program
- Medical insurance
- Memorable anniversary presents
- Corporate events and team buildings