We are looking for a skilled Senior Data Engineer to join a team passionate about developing a quality product following an agile development methodology. You will be encouraged to always be looking at the continuous improvement of our products, tools, and processes, along with helping to guide the architectural direction of our platform.
OVO Energy, our client, has a mission - to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. They unite the companies with a single vision: to power human progress with clean, affordable energy for everyone.
CORGI HomePlan is a successful insurance company that grows under the umbrella of OVO Energy and aims to become a leading FinTech for energy insurance and installation of carbon-saving products. They challenge the status quo and strive to provide better quality and pricing of home plan cover to consumers across the UK.
CORGI HomePlan is at a time of significant technological investment and growth. The current technology platform is undergoing a major overhaul as we build additional capabilities and features from the ground up. The company aims to build the next-generation insurance platform that is at the forefront of user experience and creates best-in-class journeys for both: the customers and the staff.
- Knowledge of best practices and methodologies in Data Warehousing
- Proficiently in ETL development and maintenance
- Experience with Kafka, Kafka Connect or similar
- Experience with database administration and MSSQL would be an advantage
- Experience with AWS, Azure, GCP and Azure Data Factory would be an advantage
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes, Terraform would be a plus
- Upper-intermediate English
- Design and implementation of solutions that extract high volumes of data from a wide variety of source systems and making it available on the Client’s streaming data platform
- Working with technologies including Kafka and Kafka Connect to stream data into Kafka, Kafka Streams, KSQL and microservice architectures to process and transform data streams, as well as assisting in the evaluation of appropriate tools and technologies that will shape the design of the Client’s data migration, integration and data warehousing strategy.
- Close communication with stakeholders to understand the various source systems including details of their interfaces, data models and capabilities in order to design appropriate solutions to extract and transform the data.
- Flexible working format - remote, office-based or flexible
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Flexible and personalized career growth
- Professional development tools (mentorship program, tech talks and trainings, centers of excellence, and more)
- Active tech communities with regular knowledge sharing
- Education reimbursement
- Paid vacation days, sick leaves, and days off
- Healthcare & Sport program