N-iX is a software development service company that helps businesses across the globe develop successful software products. During 20 years on the market and by leveraging the capabilities of Easter Europe talents, the company has grown to 2000+ professionals with a broad portfolio of customers in the area of Fortune 500 companies as well as technological start-ups. With its headquarters in Lviv, Ukraine, the company also has multiple development offices in the East European region and representative entities in the United States of America, Sweden, and Malta.
Throughout the years of its operations, the company has developed strong expertise in such fields as digital turn-key solutions engineering, cloud services, big data & analytics, user experience design, engineering excellence, digital platforms integration, and its own R&D in different domains such as financial services & banking, telecommunications, e-commerce, automotive, manufacturing, and others.
The modern global trends in the IT industry have led the company to consider its expansion to the Latin American market to complement its expertise with high-end talents in the area.
We are looking for Middle NodeJS Engineer to join our team.
The Backend Engineer is experienced in designing and developing highly performing and scalable web and mobile Insurance applications that meet the business requirements. The Backend Engineer will be involved in large scale projects through all stages of the software development life cycle.
We are looking for someone with:
● Analytical and problem solving skills
● Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
● A strong commitment to upgrading technical skills on an ongoing basis and a willingness to share their knowledge with others
They will need strong skills in modern backend technologies in order to handle a variety of projects through all stages of the software development life cycle. The Backend Engineer is responsible for building the structure of a software application. This role involves writing business logic, server scripts, and application programming interfaces (APIs) that will eventually be utilized by other applications. The Backend Engineer will also be expected to contribute ideas and solutions in a creative agile team environment, superlative communication and collaboration skills are essential. They show a strong awareness of: operational and automation mindsets. Demonstrate a strong understanding of cloud native concepts, data management lifecycles and security engineering practices
- Be part of the solutioning and implementation team for new application features and functionality by writing API's and making
scalability and maintainability improvements
- Participate, follow and implement solution design exercises with designers, enterprise architects and other engineers in order to
thoroughly understand, document and implement requirements
- Provide support and expertise for a multi-tiered environment; evaluate/recommend any additional infrastructure or software
required to support our web applications.
- Play an active role in defining and implementing best practices, standards and procedures including quality and delivery
- Ensure compliance with the documented software processes and procedures throughout the life cycle of software products.
- Develop unit tests, extend and enhance existing automated testing frameworks
- Assist in developing and refining CI/CD pipelines for web applications, participate in deployment and release activities.
- Roll out patches and upgrades in order to maintain the security and integrity of our applications
- Conduct research and proof of concepts for new features and processes
- Willing to share knowledge, lessons learned with team members
- 2 years of experience in web-based technologies
- Solid software engineering knowledge
- Strong knowledge in backend application development technologies.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented development.
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt new languages as needed
- Hands-on experience and proficient knowledge of the following:
- Technologies: NodeJS and Socket.IO.
- NodeJS, Java and satellite technologies, i.e. Web API
- System environment: Windows and Mac OS X.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and supporting tools, i.e. Jasmine, Jest.
- Exposure to the full software development life cycle, ideally including design, configuration, integration, testing and support
including, but not limited to, gathering requirements, designing the future state solution, the development work breakdown, as well
as supporting quality assurance and post-production efforts.
- Experience in technical stack:
- Technical: REST APIs using microservices in Node.js. (Potentially other languages being considered.)
- Data: MongoDB, Google Cloud Firestore, Redis Cache, SQL Server, MemSQL.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform is a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics is a plus
- Flexible working format - remote, office-based or flexible
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Personalized career growth
- Professional development tools (mentorship program, tech talks and trainings, centers of excellence, and more)
- Active tech communities with regular knowledge sharing
- Education reimbursement
- Paid vacation days, sick leaves, and days off
- Healthcare & Sport program
- Medical insurance
- Memorable anniversary presents
- Corporate events and team buildings