is looking for a talented Cloud Service Database Administrator
who can become a part of our team and contribute new ideas into product development.
, is one of Europe's fastest-growing mobile companies with over five million active customers, 1,000 employees worldwide and operations in eight countries. The client is using the mobile virtual network operator business model. As one of their core services, they provide “Pay As You Go” mobile SIM cards, targeted towards the needs of international communities and migrant workers.
Cloud strategy is based around a dual vendor solutioning model, utilizing AWS and Azure services.
This enables us to access more technologies and helps mitigate risks across our infrastructure. The Infrastructure Services Team is responsible for the delivery and support of all infrastructure used by our Client twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. The team’s primary function is to install, maintain, and implement all infrastructure-based systems, both On Premise and Cloud Hosted.
This role will be a mix of project and will encompass typical database administration duties that you may expect in a large-scale telecommunications environment: performance tuning, replication, database design, backups, high availability, encryption, security, configuration etc.
The DBA Team is responsible for the delivery, maintenance and support of all Database platforms used by Client’s twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. The team’s primary function is to ensure all relational and non-relational databases are optimised for performance, designed with agreed levels of fault tolerance.
To highlight, a key requirement of the role will be involvement in defining our future strategy around database modernisation in the cloud.
- Involved in new solutions design discussions and to recommend suitable, secure, performance optimized database offerings based on business requirements
- Ensure all databases in the AWS and Azure are configured for performance, scale and high availability where required
- Take responsibility of modernization of database estate in the cloud, leveraging open source technologies and cloud-native hosting platforms
- Drive innovation by constantly reviewing the latest public cloud platform database service releases such as Babelfish in AWS to fast track adoption of native services
- Ensure security considerations are at the forefront when designing and managing database solutions
- Optimize query performance
- Ensure all key databases have deep insight monitoring enabled to enable improved capabilities around fault detection
- Perform regular database maintenance when required and ensure databases are backed up according to agreed RTO / RPO information
- Maintenance work to be planned meticulously to minimize/eradicate self-inflicted P1 outages
- Monitoring database costs regularly and identify strategies to minimize cost as part of internal FinOps practices
- Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
- Provisioning, deployment, monitoring cloud environment using automation tools like Terraform
- Ideal candidate has been supporting traditional server-based relational databases for over 5 years who then transitioned into AWS and Azure public cloud for the last 5 years
- SQL Server / MSSQL 2008 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016 / 2017 / 2019 (including Always-On and Analysis Services)
- Postgres / MYSQL as standalone and managed service platforms
- Strong database migration experience (Particularly MSSQL to open source and leveraging AWS native platforms including RDS, Athena, Aurora)
- Extensive AWS experience in a commercial environment, architecting database best practices
- Strong experience supporting AWS / Azure-based datalake/data warehouse environments. Required to support internal BI teams
- Solid experience and understanding of which workloads are the best suitable for which specific database platforms in AWS and Azure
- Extensive experience and understanding of database security, including appropriate encryption and authentication best practices
- Good knowledge of Azure cloud database services
- Any working experience around non-relational databases (internally hosted or managed service such as DynamoDB in AWS will be favored)
- Good working knowledge of Windows and Linux Server Operating Systems
- Excellent presentation skills to both an internal and external audience
- The ability to share and communicate your specific expertise to the rest of the Technology group
- SQL Server Database Administration
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- AWS Certified Database Specialty
- Azure Database Administrator Associate
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Best hardware
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- Healthcare & sport benefits
- An inspiring, comfy, clean, and safe office
- Challenging tasks and innovative projects
- Meet-ups and events for professional development
- An individual development plan
- Mentorship program
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more