N-iX is looking for Data Architect/Lead Data Engineer to join our team.
Our customer is the multicloud solutions expert. They combine their expertise with the world’s leading technologies-across applications, data and security- to deliver end-to-end multicloud solutions. As a global, multicloud technology services pioneer, they deliver the innovative capabilities of the cloud to help customers build new revenue streams, increase efficiency and create incredible experiences.
- Consult, design, coordinate architecture to modernise infrastructure for performance, scalability, latency, reliability
- Possess in-depth knowledge of and able to consult on various technologies such as database, data warehousing and big data e.g. BigQuery, MSSQL, GCP Dataproc, GKE etc.
- Design data storage, movement and orchestration solutions (Cloud Composer - Airflow)
- Identify, scope and participate in the design and delivery of cloud data platform solutions
- Design and execute a platform modernisation approach for customers’ data environments
- Design, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts, provide validation on specific scenarios and provide deployment guidance
- Document and share technical best practices/insights with engineering colleagues and the architect community
- Design Data Architectural solutions for structured data technologies and understand unstructured data technologies
- Create and maintain appropriate standards and best practices around Google Cloud SQL, BigQuery and other data technologies
- Some Cloud experience; GCP or AWS preferred
- Strong experience as a Data Architect
- Knowledge of modern SQL including advanced queries such as triggers, stored procedures, views, joins and subqueries
- Hands-on experience with RDBMS such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- The ability to create and interpret solution designs using UML / ERD diagrams
- Experience in optimising performance and monitoring of hybrid on-premise and cloud data warehouse solutions
- Experience in working with agile software engineering teams
- Experience with Python or Scala
- Other Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services (DataPrep, Cloud Data Fusion, Pub/Sub)
- ETL pattern for data ingestion (e.g. SSIS, Informatica)