We are looking for a strong Data Engineer
with excellent technical ability to help the team go through a backlog of projects. You’ll be involved in building data products that will enable the company to scale as required.
This role sits within the Data team, reporting to the Director of Analytics. The Data team is responsible for using data to optimise how our business operates and works closely with all departments in the business.
Our customer is the fastest growing online and mobile food ordering service that streamlines commerce between restaurants and diners. Essentially they make it easy for diners to view menus, get discounts and enjoy the best of local food delivery. They have over 15,000 restaurants in over 250 cities across the nation. Having launched delivery operations in 24 cities across the US, they are now looking to provide consumers the end to end experience for our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for and deliver multiple tasks as required by the Directors of Data
- Ensure scalability of solutions built as required by the Directors of Data
- Communicate accurate timelines and set realistic expectations on delivery dates
- 2+ years Python experience (Pandas, Numpy + common Python Developer Packages)
- SQL experience
- Experience working remotely in an agile environment
- Good communication skills
At least one of the following skills:
- Experience building and maintaining production-scale APIs (Django or Flask)
- Experience building unit tests
- Experience with AWS based applications
- A knowledge of Linux
- Apache Airflow knowledge
- Web scraping experience in python (ideally using Selenium, and/or mocking XHR requests in python)
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Best hardware
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- Healthcare & sport benefits
- An inspiring, comfy, clean and safe office
- Challenging tasks and innovative projects
- Meetups and events for professional development
- An individual development plan
- Mentorship program
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more.