A fast growing6 entrepreneurial Blockchain Capital Raising Platform headquartered in London. Company mission is to liberate ambitious SMEs by simplifying, streamlining, and widening access to capital on a global scale. Using the latest Blockchain and machine learning technology, the Globacap capital raising platform connects businesses directly to institutional and retail investors, handles the investment process, and provides a secondary market.
As a world first, we will be issuing our own equity in blockchain tokens later this year through our platform. These will carry full voting and dividend rights, just like the regular stock exchange. Globacap is targeting investors worldwide, across the US, Europe, and Asia, and are currently working with regulators in all jurisdictions to make this happen. This makes what we are doing revolutionary in the fintech space.
Entrepreneurship is at the core of client’s culture and they are looking for an ambitious individual to join on an exciting journey.
About this Role
We are on the hunt for an outstanding, entrepreneurial, detail-oriented manager to assist the build-out of our product. This will involve co-architecting the back-end and front-end of the platform and fully leading/managing the team.
The perfect candidate is a self-starter who constantly seeks to build better business-oriented products through code. You are not afraid to experiment and fail, you learn fast and adapt quickly. You have a bias towards action and are constantly re-imagining the business user experience. You are focused on results, have had repeatable successes with the products you have architected and deployed and experience in managing multiple teams, and are now looking to take your career to the next level by joining an innovative, young FinTech company.
- Participate in the Requirements Gathering cycle with the BA to give a technical review of Epics and Tickets and estimate the effort/time required to complete such work.
- Supervise the Back End and Front End development to ensure the code matches high reliability, reusability and maintainability standards.
- Participate and give direction in platform architecture meetings.
- Be the first point of contact for technical issues/questions from developers.
- Ensure, together with the BA, that the development team sticks to the Agile process and follows the procedures.
- Sits with the BA in all Agile ceremonies with all teams.
- Ensure the developers have the right tools to get their job done:
- A stable local development environment running with containers
- An automated QA Framework
- A reliable CI/CD pipeline
- Help identifying the development bottlenecks and work with the CTO towards addressing them.
- Aim to perform his responsibilities in an efficient and cost-effective way.
- Occasionally do some coding and help in code reviews.
- Excellent leadership soft skill to obtain the trust and respect of the team.
- Very good written and spoken English.
- Excellent experience in working with the Agile Methodology and tailor it to the team needs.
- Excellent experience working with Enterprise-level Project Management tools (ideally Atlassian’s Suite)
- Excellent knowledge or experience working with Back End Frameworks (ideally Ruby on Rails).
- Extensive knowledge or experience working with Front End Frameworks (ideally React).
- Excellent understanding of the most common FE and BE design patterns (Reactive, Publisher-Subscriber, MVC, …)
- Extensive experience working with CI/CD pipelines (ideally Jenkins).
- Good knowledge or experience working with a QA Automation Framework for UI and integration tests.
- Extensive knowledge or experience in containers platforms (ideally Docker).
- Experience working and designing a microservices-oriented architecture
- Experience working with an AWS infrastructure
Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Trailblazer, PostgreSQL, Linux, Docker, React