N-iX is looking for an experienced BigData Engineer to join the ambitious Data Scientists and Data Engineers with a unique blend of Business, Scientific, and Machine Learning expertise that seeks to unleash the full potential of our data assets by bringing technology and data and insights to the forefront of decision making via fit-for-purpose data analytics solutions.
About the role:
The BigData Engineer is a key technical role to enable the application of advanced analytics techniques across clinical development processes. Enables Data flow, Data Wrangling, and Data Modeling in support of advanced analytics techniques like Machine Learning and Visual Analytics. Leverages standards and best practices to ensure consistency. Accountable for gathering cross-functional input. Ensures data integrity and quality prior to analysis.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL/NoSQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
- 1+ years of experience with Python, Spark (PySpark), SQL
- Hands-on Experience with at least one of the relational or NoSQL databases, including Postgres, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Cassandra, Dynamo DB, etc
- Experience with at least one of the data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Oozie, etc.
- Good communication and presentation skills, being able to explain complex problems and the solutions applied, and being comfortable in presenting technical solutions to a non-technical audience
- Upper-intermediate or higher level of English
Nice to have:
- Biotech / Pharma experience is a plus
- Experience with other big data technologies: Hadoop, HDFS, EMR, Cloudera, etc.
- Experience in SOAP, REST, JSON, XML technologies, and knowledge of Unix/Linux shell scripts
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, Kinesis, etc.
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Best hardware
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- Healthcare & sport benefits
- An inspiring and comfy office
- Challenging tasks and innovative projects
- Meetups and events for professional development
- An individual development plan
- Mentorship program
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more.