We are looking for Ruby Software Engineer to join our team in Kyiv office.
UK-based rapidly growing online grocer with a focus on food sourced from local farmers, fishermen and other producers. The company now provides farm-to-table foods and fresh fish for consumers in the London area, along with ethically-sourced baby & kids, household and deli products.
What are we looking for:
We are looking for a seasoned Software Engineer who has experience across a number of technologies and worked with teams at various evolutionary states.
You’re a team player, who works collaboratively to achieve the shared goals. You are unafraid to challenge aspects outside your direct remit and passionately champion ‘the right thing’. As a key member of a small, fast-moving company, you will be empowered to use your creativity to have impact, getting involved at all levels of the product life cycle. We're constantly evolving our product, building key features and setting the direction that will affect the business for years to come. You would be a central part of moving our software stack forward at every level, working in and nurture a team of capable and friendly developers who love building great software.
- Minimum of 1.5 years work experience developing web applications
- Experience with Ruby on Rails framework for rapidly developing web applications with additional ability to support development in other programming languages
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM development
- Good knowledge of OOP principles, design patterns, best development practices
- Experience with REST based API consumption and creation in Rails Strong database skills with SQL
- Commitment to test driven development
- Confident level of English for daily communication with native speakers
Other things we value:
- A thirst for knowledge and mastery continuously improving your skills and keeping abreast of the latest technologies and techniques
- A great understanding of Kanban, Scrum, XP, Lean and other methods
- Knowledge of DDD
- A willingness to experiment with, and drive the adoption of new technology and approaches that might help us
- An ability to work with non-technical staff to understand and refine complex requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible hours approach
- 18 business days of payable annual free-time
- 10 days of paid sick leave
- Competitive compensation package
- IT Club Discount program
- Challenging tasks and projects
- Individual Development Plan
- Performance appraisal
- Business trips
- Team buildings
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Anniversary presents