We are looking for an experienced PHP Engineer to provide impeccable user experience for global agricultural evolution software. You will join a talented team of software engineers, big data engineers, computer vision experts and machine learning researchers, and are expected to get up to speed rapidly in this fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment. We are not solving trivial problems, but researching and developing to shape the future of crop and farm management through the creation of predictive analysis products, which will be used across the globe to feed the world and minimize the long-term environmental impact of modern, large-scale agriculture.
Our client and their project is one of the best and a well-funded start-ups in its field to use artificial intelligence which gathers information from drone, plane and satellite technology, combined with weather and soil data and expert plant pathology, to enable precision agriculture. We use most advanced machine learning and computer vision techniques, delivering actionable insights on crop health directly to the field.
Each member of our team is self-starting, committed and proud of the quality of work we put in to bring innovative solutions to this pioneering space. As with most startup environments, the optimal skillset for the role is diverse, so a desire to learn is key.
● The development and maintenance of an API making analytics data available to permitted clients
● The maintenance of a high level of quality, performance, security and robustness within our software end architecture
● Working within a team framework to ensure the delivery of the collective goals of the company
● Minimum 3 years of experience working with software delivery
● Professional experience with PHP
● Experience with the Symfony Framework, version 3.4 and 4.X
● Knowledge and Experience of Testing approaches, from Functional, through integration to Unit Testing
● Knowledge of REST architecture
● A real sense of motivation, self-reliance, initiative and ability to seek out and pass on knowledge within a team
● A demonstrated enthusiasm for entrepreneurial or startup working environments
● Excellent spoken and written communication in English
● Experience working with Agile processes, particularly Scrum
● Knowledge of the best Software Engineering practices
● Knowledge of Design Patterns
● Experience working in a BDD environment
● Having worked within Agri tech previously
We’ll drop you a note when there are new jobs that match your search.