N-iX is looking for an experienced Python Software Engineer to join our development team to work primarily with satellite imagery tasks. In this role, you’ll partner closely with data analysts and product team to create the technology that generates and transforms data into applications, insights and experiences for users.
Project Overview: The main focus of the company is to be the leading provider of value added services, technologies and strategic inputs that support the delivery of sustainable and profitable food production solutions for primary producers.
The product we are working on is currently on the market of UK as well as Poland and Ukraine.
The main idea is to give farmers ability to make smart decisions as to their crops and nutrients planning, based on historical data and best agriculture practices. The project includes working with satellite imagery, maps and precise agriculture algo-rithms.
Technologies stack: Python , PostgreSQL, PyQT, GIS, QGIS, python microservices (e.g. flask/gunicorn).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- work on developing new features as well as refactoring of existing system
- provide guidance and expertise in python unit tests coverage
- perform code reviews and set best practices for the product
- develop and maintain approach to integrate with third party satellite image providers.
- At least 3 years of hand-on experience designing and building software applications
- Good recent experience with Python 3, python microservices (e.g. flask/gunicorn)
- Experience in the following technologies is a plus: GIS, QGIS, PyQT
- Excellent experience in writing unit tests
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Experience with PostgreSQL (or any other relational database)
- Upper-intermediate English level.
The ideal candidate is also:
- Has agile mindset and is a good team player
- Possesses knowledge of computer science fundamentals which prevents him/her from reinventing the wheel
- Is pragmatic: gets things done, can find a creative compromise between an ideal technical solution and actual client needs
- Understands the value of testing, quality, continuous integration, source control, and code reviews
- Is able to analyze, plan and estimate requirements as well as identify risks involved and provide solutions to them.
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and compensation package
- 18 business days of payable annual free-time
- 10 days of paid sick leave
- IT Club membership card which provides pleasant discounts
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- An inspiring and comfy office
- Relax zones
- Regular office fruit delivery
- Challenging tasks and projects
- An individual development plan
- A personal education budget
- Regular performance appraisal
- Meetups and events for professional development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Business trips
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more