About the client
Seeking Alpha is the market leader for crowdsourced equity research in the USA. The company is the premier website for actionable stock market opinion and analysis, and vibrant, intelligent finance discussion.
- Develop back-end for modern cross-platform responsive financial SPA.
- Participate in design and planning discussions, contribute ideas.
- Develop and test new user-facing features.
- Write highly scalable, reusable and testable code.
- Collaborate with other team members.
- Knowledge of Agile principles, open-source ecosystem, Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience in OOP and MVC design and development patterns. Good understanding of data structures and design patterns.
- 2+ years of back-end development experience in building large, complex, highly scalable web applications using Ruby on Rails framework.
- Solid understanding of Ruby syntax, its nuances and core concepts. Ability to write clean and readable code.
- Familiarity with concepts of RESTful.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL database technologies (e.g. MySQL, ElasticSearch, CouchBase, Redis, etc.)
- Comfortable with source version control software (Git).
- Knowledge and understanding of server-side architecture best practices.
- Deep understanding of the HTTP protocol and networking.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a UNIX environment.
- Familiarity with Angular/React/Vue or similar frontend frameworks.
- Having a Github portfolio or link to open source work.
- Flexible hours approach
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- 18 business days of payable annual free-time
- 10 days of paid sick leave
- Membership of the IT-BPO club card, loyalty program.
- Gym, Masseur, and Doctor
- Relax zones
- Challenging tasks and projects
- Individual Development Plan
- Personal education budget
- Performance appraisal
- Business trips
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Team buildings
- Anniversary presents