We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer at N-iX is responsible for building and evolving sophisticated software for San Francisco based innovative e-commerce company.
Here at Huckberry, we're building the 21st century men's retailer. We’re on a mission to inspire and equip adventures near and far, and along the way create the most loved men’s retailer on the planet. We were recently named one of IAB's most disruptive consumer brands of 2019, and are only just getting started.
Huckberry was bootstrapped from a $20k personal investment in 2011 from co-founders Richard Greiner and Andy Forch to over 70 employees before raising its first outside capital in 2017. Today, we’re still independent and headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices in Columbus, Ohio.
- Write reusable Ruby code, adapting the best approaches.
- Conduct regular code reviews to improve code quality, design, and tests
- Collaborate with Product Owners and other client stakeholders on clarification of requirements
- Be initiative to provide new ideas to the client team to grow their business
- Attending team meetings and technical discussions encouraging productive and innovative atmosphere
- Explore new opportunities to add value to product and process and present to team
- Minimum of 3 years of commercial experience developing web applications
- Strong experience with Ruby on Rails framework for rapidly developing web applications with additional ability to support development in other programming languages.
- Experience with ReactJS / Redux
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM development
- Strong knowledge of OOP principles, design patterns, best development practices.
- Experience with REST and/or SOAP based API consumption and creation in Rails
- Strong experience with databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Strong experience with virtual development environments.
- Commitment to test driven development
- Ability to establish and improve continuous delivery and continuous delivery practices
- Advanced English level
- Flexible hours approach
- 18 business days of payable annual free-time
- 10 days of paid sick leave
- Competitive compensation package
- IT Club Discount program
- Challenging tasks and projects
- Individual Development Plan
- Performance appraisal
- Business trips
- Team buildings
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Anniversary presents