We are looking for an experienced and talented Ruby Engineer to help us build the technology that will power the future of payments. We are an agile team who are always looking for ways to improve, and your experience and curiosity will help us do that. Our aim is to create a state-of-the-art technical environment, and you will help get us there. Our stack is made up of distributed applications, primarily built on Ruby (but not all Rails), RabbitMQ, Redis, MySQL – though we are not afraid of using the right tool for the job and will assess what technology is correct for each project.
Our client is a technology-led foreign exchange payments firm aiming to change the deliverable FX market fundamentally. They have developed a powerful foreign exchange and global payments technology platform. By making the market transparent, cheap, and simple to access via this platform, its customers can deliver any foreign exchange payments-related service to their own customers. They developed an independent exchange that delivers FX conversion and payments as a cloud-based web service that takes away the uncertainty, cost, risk, and complexity of currency from everyday transactions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Ruby or another modern language (e.g. Elixir, Go, Python, Java)
- Experience working with scalable web applications and APIs
- Experience of working in an Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD environment on a Web or API delivered product
- Experience or understanding of how asynchronous communication between microservices works
- Being able to take ownership of a particular part of the system
- Close attention to detail, self-starter, organized, able to manage own workload.
- English language level upper intermediate or higher
- Experience in a Financial Services environment or similar (as a plus)
- Develop a good understanding of the business requirements and work closely with the relevant product owners
- Create and deliver a successful project using agile techniques
- Understand in detail and contribute to the software architecture and technical infrastructure.
- Ensure own, and others' work supports architectural designs.
- Identify and recommend architectural design improvements.
- Work closely with the QA team to ensure all changes are delivered to high quality and company agreed standards.
- Produce relevant technical documentation describing in sufficient detail how the requirements can
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Best hardware
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- Challenging tasks and innovative projects
- Meetups and events for professional development
- An individual development plan
- Mentorship program
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, football, ping pong, and more
- Healthcare & sport benefits
- An inspiring and comfy office