Our client is an American managed cloud computing company based in San Antonio, Texas.
The Data Quality Engineer/QA is responsible for the data consistency, quality, and transparency of the data collected from all internal and external sources, and will primarily support the Data Engineering Team. This individual will also be responsible for the QA of data flow, or ensuring there is a consistent QA procedure in place for all teams to follow when enhancing existing applications or the developing of new products.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with data warehouse and development teams to help drive consistency across our varied data domains
- Document data capture requirements as required.
- Perform QA data testing and validation on all changes, and periodic QA reviews of existing data feeds using SQL and other tools
- Assist in the creation of core enterprise data governance guidelines.
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team guiding the testing process for both development and other quality engineers
- Evaluating and approving data for validity and impact on deliverables
- Responding to internal data inquiries
- Compiling and analyzing data reports
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Solid SQL knowledge
- Exposure to agile/scrum methodologies
- QA experience – specifically testing data pipelines, data
- Knowledge of performance test tools is a plus
- Optionally – experience with test automation tools, such as JUnit and other open-source test automation tools
- Understanding of data analysis and interpretation
Nice to have:
- Experience with GCP and Bigdata
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 2+ years of software testing and QE experience in data space
- 2+ years’ experience with data processing or ETL.
- 2+ years of QA or data validation using tools such as SQL or Python.
- Agile / Scrum
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Best hardware
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- Healthcare & sport benefits
- An inspiring and comfy office
- Challenging tasks and innovative projects
- Meetups and events for professional development
- An individual development plan
- Mentorship program
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more