iCabbi is a world leader in cloud-based dispatch technology, helping over 80,000 vehicles move their customers more efficiently across Ireland, the UK, US and Canada. As a rapidly expanding B2B tech company, we are passionate about what we do and like to think outside the boundaries of traditional B2B marketing. Our customers’ ideas drive our product roadmap and the team are constantly innovating, solving problems and working together to achieve the goal of becoming the best in the business at helping our customers thrive.
We are looking for a talented Android developer to join the team. In this role you will work closely with our development and product team to develop, modify and support our Android native apps. This is a great opportunity to join a growing technology company and be on the right side of the change that is sweeping this industry. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is essential.
Technical stack: Kotlin, Jetpack, GraphQL, REST, Room SLQLite, MapBox, AWS, Dagger 2.0, Mockito, AssertJ, Git flow
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Develop high quality, testable and performant apps using Agile work practices
- Drive best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Assist product managers and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Do anything else that is thrown your way, we are growing rapidly and our business is always changing
- 3+ years of professional Android development experience
- Excellent communication skills, we are looking for a team player!
- Commercial experience in some common third-party libraries (e.g. Retrofit, Volley, ButterKnife, Dagger, Picasso, GSON, Crashlytics, Google Analytics, JodaTime, Espresso, etc.) Familiarity with RESTful web services using XML/JSON data formats.
- A deep familiarity with Java and Android Framework, and the Kotlin programming language
- Experience of working within a continuous development environment and source code repositories
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Github and Jira
- Experience of collaborating with a UI/UX team
- Experience in integration with Bluetooth devices
- Experience in Interaction with Google APIs (e.g. Location Services, Google Maps, GCM, Google Analytics, Firebase, etc.)
- Have published one or more Android apps in the Google Play Store.