Our customer is a leading North American online broker. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be part of a team that drives the implementation of core infrastructure components and infrastructure/platform for -native applications, create tools and services that power our Engineering teams and collaborating with the project.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will work on building -native and hybrid infrastructure through Infrastructure as Code, create toolsets and services for the delivery of applications and infrastructure components. Some of these components include container orchestration platforms ( Engine or OpenShift), container provisioning engines, configuration and secrets management, stand up / provisioning Terraform modules, and others.
- Champion “Production Quality” and create cutting edge infrastructure through Infrastructure-as-Code and automation
- Build and improve infrastructure self-service tooling that powers our internal platform used by hundreds of developers
- Lead and participate in technical discussions to aid system design, analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Help engineering teams to develop, test, debug and release scalable, resilient and high available -native applications quickly
- Rarely required to be available after hours for planned activities
- Deep understanding of Cloud computing concepts and solutions including public, private, hybrid cloud
- A good understanding of Cloud Security, specifically IAM Roles & Policies, Security Groups and Encryption keys
- Demonstrated experience supporting at least one of the predominant public clouds (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Hands-on experience with container technologies, like Docker runtime and Kubernetes orchestration.
- Knowledge of Google Kubernetes Engine or OpenShift is nice to have
- Ability to write clean code in at least one language (i.e Python, Golang, Bash etc.)
- Experience working with Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Cloud Deployment Manager
- Exposure or familiarity to Linux Operating system administration and a good understanding of Linux fundamentals like signals, scheduling, filesystems
- Strong TCP/IP networking knowledge in either cloud or on-prem deployments: DNS, network, routing, L3/L7 protocols etc.
- Experience with Hashicorp Vault or other secrets management approaches is a nice to have
- Experience in building systems in a microservice environment
- Understanding the basic building blocks of a resilient and scalable software
- Excellent organizational, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to write clear technical documentation
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and compensation package
- 18 business days of payable annual free-time
- 10 days of paid sick leave
- IT Club membership card which provides pleasant discounts
- An inspiring and comfy office
- Relax zones
- Regular office fruit delivery
- Strong engineering culture
- Challenging projects and mature teams
- Direct communication with the customer
- Business trips
- An individual development plan
- Regular performance appraisal
- Meetups and events for professional development
- Plenty of opportunities to share knowledge and get more experience such as an opportunity to mentor others, speak at events, and contribute to pre-sales
- Mentorship opportunities
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, football, ping pong, and more