Dnipro, Vinnytsia, Zaporizhzhia, Lviv, Kyiv or Remote
We are looking for Senior DB Administrator who has as good knowledge of MSSQL.
Our client, is one of Europe's fastest growing mobile companies with over five million active customers, 1,000 employees worldwide and operations in eight countries. The client is using the mobile virtual network operator business model. As one of their core services, they provide “Pay As You Go” mobile SIM cards, targeted towards the needs of international communities and migrant workers. To cope with rapidly growing business demands our client is launching its R&D center in Lviv and Kyiv, Ukraine, with us.
- Review and approve the database design and data models produced by development teams. Understand the logical data models and translates into physical database structures that integrate with existing or proposed database structures.
- Monitor databases/Servers to optimize database performance, resource use, and physical implementations of databases. Address a variety of database integration issues including migration between disparate databases, integration, maintenance & conversion, capacity planning issues, and new applications. Maintain development, test, and production environments.
- Monitor and manage database backups, logs, and journals. Install, maintain, and upgrade database software. Restore and/or recover data as required.
- Monitor and maintain database security and database software. Controlling access permissions and privileges.
- Ability to make a migration of existing functionality to OpenSourse technologies (MySQLPostgreSQL)
- Provide advice to applications programmers in the effective use of database languages. Advises on troubleshooting, exception processing needs, and other data management issues. May evaluate and recommend testing and evaluation of new procedures, software, and hardware.
- Create, procure and maintain various database related documents such as manuals design, ER diagram, procedures and definition for data dictionary and programmers handbooks.
- Install Database servers and related software and tools.
- Provide support for the operation teams 24/7 — on call in off work hours only for critical issues.
- Good experience with database administration and MSSQL (2008, 2012, 2014, 2016).
- 2+ years of experience with MSSQL (SQL Azure).
- Experience with SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
- 1+ years of experience with File System (NTFS, Hadoop), Big Data (Hive, MapR, Pig) and No SQL (Mongodb, Couchbase).
- Able to take instruction, and deliver to deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and develop wider IN skill-set as part of the Networks team.
- Good written and oral communication skills (English).
- Experience with recent versions of Microsoft SQL Sever
- Experience with replication configuration
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Upper-intermediate level of English
As a plus:
- Strong experience of DevOps concepts and methodologies
- Good experience of JSON scripting
- Strong experience in Azure DataLake
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Possibility of partial remote work
- Best hardware
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- Healthcare & sport benefits
- An inspiring and comfy office
- Challenging tasks and innovative projects
- Meetups and events for professional development
- An individual development plan
- Mentorship program
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more