Remote, Dnipro, Vinnytsia, Zaporizhzhia, Lviv, Kyiv
Client: We are building an engineering team for our Sweden-based customer – one of the fastest growing iGaming companies who thrives on pushing the boundaries through innovation.
Role: Senior database administrator (PostgreSQL DBA) is responsible for the planning, assisting in implementing, maintaining, performance tuning and ensuring optimal running of database platforms that supports company’s business applications. Define, implement and maintain DR solutions based on service critical level across wider data server environment.
Ensure logical data models are mapped effectively and efficiently into physical data models that take advantage of the characteristics of the specific database management system used. Responsible for technically supporting database that run business applications which are accessed by multiple departments.
Update and maintain DB Server inventories and categorise the databases and servers based on business criticalities of dependent services using the underline databases.
- Review and approve the database design and data models produced by development teams. Understand the logical data models and translates into physical database structures that integrate with existing or proposed database structures.
- Monitor databases/Servers to optimize database performance, resource use, and physical implementations of databases. Address a variety of database integration issues including migration between disparate databases, integration, maintenance & conversion, capacity planning issues, and new applications. Maintain development, test, and production environments.
- Monitor and manage database backups, logs, and journals. Install, maintain, and upgrade database software. Restore and/or recover data as required.
- Monitor and maintain database security and database software. Controlling access permissions and privileges.
- Provide advice to applications programmers in the effective use of database languages. Advises on troubleshooting, exception processing needs, and other data management issues. May evaluate and recommend testing and evaluation of new procedures, software, and hardware.
- Create, procure and maintain various database related documents such as manuals design, ER diagram, procedures and definition for data dictionary and programmers handbooks.
- Install Database servers and related software and tools.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Deep theoretical database knowledge;
- 2+ years of commercial experience with PostgreSQL (monitoring, backup, optimisation, upgrades, performance insights);
- Expert level skills in SQL Development (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints);
- Expert knowledge in Performance Tuning and optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools;
- Expert knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics;
- Good leadership skills;
- Able to share do investigations, propose improvements, share knowledge among the team;
- Confident level of English for day-on-day working communication.
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Best hardware
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- Healthcare & sport benefits
- An inspiring, comfy, clean and safe office
- Challenging tasks and innovative projects
- Meetups and events for professional development
- An individual development plan
- Mentorship program
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more.