N-iX is looking for an experienced Platform Lead (DevOps) to join Hummingbird Technologies to help scale our multi-terabyte image processing pipeline for global agricultural evolution.You will join a talented team of software engineers, big data engineers, computer vision experts and machine learning researchers, and are expected to get up to speed rapidly in this fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment. We are not solving trivial problems, but researching and developing to shape the future of crop and farm management through the creation of predictive analysis products, which will be used across the globe to feed the world and minimize the long-term environmental impact of modern, large-scale agriculture.
Our client and their project is one of the best and a well-funded start-ups in its field to use artificial intelligence which gathers information from drone, plane and satellite technology, combined with weather and soil data and expert plant pathology, to enable precision agriculture. We use most advanced machine learning and computer vision techniques, delivering actionable insights on crop health directly to the field.
Each member of our team is self-starting, committed and proud of the quality of work we put in to bring innovative solutions to this pioneering space. As with most startup environments, the optimal skillset for the role is diverse, so a desire to learn is key.
- Configure and improve internal systems across our ML analysis imaging pipe-line, SaaS platform and continuous delivery
- Monitor the performance of containers, servers, software and hardware
- Improve infrastructure architecture and ensure system integration caters for data processing requirements now and in the future (current peak: 1TB of images per day scaling to 100s of TBs per day)
- Ensure the smooth deployment of our applications (Web, Mobile, API, data pipeline, analysis packages, internal software)
- Creation and maintenance of high level architecture diagrams, collaboratively with tech leads
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to automate CI/CD KPI visualisation
- Take ownership of production, staging and development environment tooling
- You will have experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineer-ing role
- You will have experience of infrastructure architecture design and implementa-tion
- You will have experience as part of cross functional software engineering team
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of Terraform
- Good knowledge of Ruby, or Python
- Production knowledge of Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
- Production knowledge of MySQL, ElasticSearch
- Production knowledge of AWS or GCP
- Good knowledge of common web servers, networking, Linux (Ubuntu), CI servers,
- Working knowledge of database clusters and programmatic zero downtime up-grades
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Experience in applied machine learning, computer vision and image processing
- Software development experience with Python, Java, React
- Experience with data science/analysis packages and frameworks: Pandas, SciPy, Sklearn, Keras, TensorFlow.
- Experience in electronics/embedded systems for UAV’s
- Flexible working hours;
- Competitive salary and good compensation package;
- 18 business days of payable annual free-time;
- 10 days of paid sick leave;
- IT Club membership card which provides pleasant discounts;
- Masseur and a corporate doctor;
- Inspiring and comfy office;
- Regular office fruit delivery.
- Challenging tasks and projects;
- Individual development plan;
- Personal education budget;
- Regular performance appraisal;
- Meetups and events for professional development;
- Business trips
- Corporate events and outstanding parties;
- Exciting team buildings;
- Memorable anniversary presents;
- Fun zone where you can play video games, football, ping and more.