Our customer is the largest Telecom company in Japan, and the third largest ecommerce marketplace company worldwide. The company offers a variety of services, like: Video on demand, Marketing and data analysis, e-reading, Book distribution, Fashion, Mobile messaging. We work with mobile communications services.
Customer's mission is to contribute to society by creating value through innovation and entrepreneurship. By providing high quality services that help users and partners grow, they aim to advance and enrich society.
• Develop Helm charts and Robin.io bundles.
• Improve monitoring and write playbooks for common issues
• Test system software upgrades and own keeping all the systems up to date
• Look for opportunities to improve the current infrastructure from a cost, maintainability and stability perspectives
• Audit and understand the variety of data technologies in use, participate in Engineering stakeholder meetings to understand requirements and provide feedback on technologies in use, optimizing schemas and indexes, and ensure the right choices are made before code is shipped to the DevOps team for production deployment
• Participate in other DevOps team projects as determined in sprint schedules – expand your skills by taking on other projects/tasks that need solving
• Work with the NOC team to develop the right monitoring – alerts, thresholds, performance indicators – for all components of the platform
• Monitor systems for usage metrics and notify management when upgrades/downgrades are required
• Drive communication with client stakeholders as well as with the development team
• Produce relevant documentation as necessary, i.e. manuals, instructions, diagrams etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or a related discipline)
• 5+ years of professional experience
• At least upper-intermediate English level
• Strong communication and documentation skills
• Result orientation, high proactivity and responsibility level
• Ability to provide advice and leadership on issues such as centralized monitoring, operational alarms and alerts and cost optimization
• Strong knowledge of client/server application development on the cloud
• Strong experience with Kubernetes and Docker
• Experience with continuous integration systems (Jenkins)
• Experience with Linux administration in production environments
• Experience with Istio
• Experience with configuration management
We’ll drop you a note when there are new jobs that match your search.