Our customer is a leading North America online broker. The Senior DevOps Engineer will be part of a team that drives the implementation of core cloud infrastructure components and infrastructure/platform for cloud-native applications, create tools and services that power our Engineering teams and collaborating with the project and the architecture teams influencing the design and delivery of our footprint.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will work on building cloud-native and hybrid infrastructure through Infrastructure as Code, create toolsets and services the delivery of applications and infrastructure components. Some of these components include container orchestration platforms (Google Kubernetes Engine or OpenShift), container provisioning engines, configuration and secrets management, stand up / provisioning Terraform modules and others.
- Champion “Production Quality” and create cutting edge cloud infrastructure through Infrastructure-as-Code and automation.
- Build and improve cloud infrastructure self-service tooling that powers our internal platform used by hundreds of developers.
- Lead and participate in technical discussions to aid system design, analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Help engineering teams to develop, test, debug and release scalable, resilient and high available cloud-native applications quickly.
- Rarely required to be available after hours for planned activities
- Deep understanding of Cloud computing concepts and solutions including public, private, hybrid cloud.
- A good understanding of Cloud Security, specifically IAM Roles & Policies, Security Groups and Encryption keys
- Demonstrated experience supporting at least one of the predominant public clouds (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Hands-on experience with container technologies, like Docker runtime and Kubernetes orchestration.
- Knowledge of Google Kubernetes Engine or OpenShift is nice to have.
- Ability to write clean code in at least one language (i.e Python, Golang, Bash etc.)
- Experience working with Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Cloud Deployment Manager.
- Exposure or familiarity to Linux Operating system administration and a good understanding of Linux fundamentals like signals, scheduling, filesystems
- Strong TCP/IP networking knowledge in either cloud or on-prem deployments: DNS, network, routing, L3/L7 protocols etc.
- Experience with Hashicorp Vault or other secrets management approaches is a nice to have.
- Experience in building systems in a microservice environment.
- Understanding the basic building blocks of a resilient and scalable software.
- Excellent organizational, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to write clear technical documentation.
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Possibility of partial remote work
- Best hardware
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- Healthcare & sport benefits
- An inspiring and comfy office
- Challenging tasks and innovative projects
- Meetups and events for professional development
- An individual development plan
- Mentorship program
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more.