Our DevOps Engineers’ mission is to ensure our software engineering teams have the right conditions to build and operate high-performance, reliable, secure & scalable systems. You’ll provide coaching, implementation and guidance on improvements to infrastructure and observability.
This is a varied role where you’ll be exposed to the full technology stack and will work across projects spanning deployment & infrastructure automation, SRE, performance engineering, release engineering and monitoring distributed systems, all with close collaboration with engineering teams.
DevOps Engineers creates software tools, infrastructure and automation that are reusable across many software teams while being reliable for the future. This enables us to scale the freedom and autonomy that our engineering culture is built upon.
The role is part of CORGI Technology and will also work closely with OVO Engineering Services. Find out what the Engineering Services team have been working on: https://tech.ovoenergy.com/tag/devops/.
Check out our Tech Blog to find out more about our DevOps culture: https://tech.ovoenergy.com/production-engineering-enhancing-our-tech-culture/
This role is positioned within a squad (a group of teams) whose purpose is to support customers when handling their energy usage and payments. You’ll be exposed to the full technology stack and will work with teams to focus on their deployment & infrastructure automation, SRE, performance engineering, release engineering and distributed monitoring needs. You’ll also spend time collaborating on projects with other Production Engineers, such as working on internal tooling used by both your team and the wider engineering community at OVO.
- You'll be providing support and consultation for teams in handling their infrastructure and implementing production best practices and at time embedding in teams to pair with their engineers on specific problems
- Helping to engineer tools that improve production & deployment capabilities for all teams; solutions that provide scalable foundations to building high-performing services
- Work on defined projects, directly with teams, that seek to give their operations a boost, such as improving continuous delivery pipelines with pipelines and infrastructure as code
- Align with the rest of Engineering Services in driving operational excellence & best practices around service performance, deployment, monitoring and availability
- A strong background in software engineering; we don’t mind what language! (Python, Scala, Clojure, Java etc.)
- NoSQL experience
- Extensive system design experience
- Knowledge in Site Reliability Engineering
- Interest in distributed systems and data streaming architecture
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS / GCP)
- CD/CI tooling & continuous delivery best practices
- Network & Security knowledge
- Knowledge/interest in Kubernetes and container orchestration
- Experience in scripting languages and automation practices
- Demonstrable experience in agile and XP environments
- Ability to articulate improvements within software engineering for operational benefit
- An inquisitive and curious approach, with confidence to tackle difficult problems
- Rapid adoptee of merit-proven new approaches & technologies
- Problem solver / structured thinker
- Experience/interest in pairing with other engineers
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Possibility of partial remote work
- Best hardware
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- Healthcare & sport benefits
- An inspiring and comfy office
- Challenging tasks and innovative projects
- Meetups and events for professional development
- An individual development plan
- Mentorship program
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more