The Software Engineer is responsible for creating software solutions that will help grow as a business. Use your talent to innovate and transform complex concepts into clean, simple solutions. Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
About the client:
Our customer is an office supply retailing company which employs about 38,000 associates and operates 1,400 retail stores, e-commerce sites and a business-to-business sales organization. Across the job areas of retail, sales, supply chain and corporate, the company makes transformation of their product to the new level.
- Write well-documented, highly maintainable and performing code, with appropriate test coverage
- Investigate and resolve application issues, bottlenecks and inefficiencies
- Demonstrate in-depth experience with e-Commerce and web application technologies, especially in the areas of writing high performance, reliable and maintaining code
- DevOps process support and operations as shared team responsibility
- Conduct and participate in code reviews that span multiple languages and applications
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and feedback as well as conducting design sessions, assisting in code deployments and day-to-day operations
- Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, etc.
- Participate in Agile Ceremonies to provide feedback and communicate issues/blockers and communicate project status
- 5+ years of Java development experience
- Experience in Spring, Spring Boot
- Strong work experience with Microservices architecture
- Strong knowledge of UI development (HTML, CSS, ES5-6) and design principles
- Experience with Hibernate
- Experience with Cloud technologies (Azure/AWS)
- Strong cross-functional team player, ability to work effectively with technical & business contacts
- Knowledgeable on DevOps process (CI/CD stages, gitflow, devops as shared responsibility)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Apache, Tomcat, and SQL, including complex SQL queries.
- Working knowledge of Jira/Bitbucket/Bamboo
- Good communication skills in English (verbally and written)
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Possibility of partial remote work
- Best hardware
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- Healthcare & sport benefits
- An inspiring and comfy office
- Challenging tasks and innovative projects
- Meetups and events for professional development
- An individual development plan
- Mentorship program
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more.
For over a decade, client dedicated development centers at N-iX have been enhancing R&D departments of a number of leading software companies and fast-growing tech start-ups. Currently, N-iX hosts over 35 dedicated teams ranging from 5 to 100 experts across our offices in Lviv (Ukraine) and Kyiv (Ukraine). The teams are an integral part of clients’ R&D. In some cases, they act as clients’ own R&D helping clients develop and launch new software products. The portfolio of clients ranges includes industry leaders as well as innovative fast growing tech companies across a variety of industries encompassing Fintech, Hospitality, Healthcare, Hi-Tech and Energy.