Optii Solutions is a rapidly growing and innovative company focused exclusively on optimizing the rooms division function of hotels. Founded by hospitality professionals in 2006, Optii Solutions recognized the need for an improved approach to housekeeping – particularly where our clients are located in countries where labor is expensive or scarce. Our clients helped us to shape our applications, and they continue to be involved in the design and refinement of our solutions.
Our portfolio includes brands such as Shangri-La, Ritz-Carlton, Galaxy Casino – Macau, Marina Bay Sands – Singapore, Venetian – Macau, the InterContinental Hotel Group. Our technology plays a key role in our clients’ operations around the world. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Optii Solutions employs team members in offices across the US, Australia, and Asia.
We are seeking a contract Back-end Developer to join our team. This role demands an innovative and motivated person who can develop and deliver microservice based features for our market leading product. This role will work within the technical team in an Agile environment to efficiently create, design, implement and test solutions for our clients/projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
● Help build and lead an efficient development team comprised of local, remote, and contract developers
● Develop with current, applicable technologies such as microservices, containers, elastic search, and GraphQL
● Develop clean and elegant code (including unit test cases) with a high attention to detail
● Creates an appropriate level of documentation for coding implementations such that other team members can easily understand what was built or needs to be built
● Design, develop, recommend, and get buy-in for coding standards and best practices to follow for any given project.
● Translate requirements into fully functional microservices with a high standard for coding best practices
● Reviews developer implementations and provides feedback during code reviews
● Mentor/train team members in development best practices and languages
● Experience developing enterprise applications using Golang (preferred)
● Development experience with microservices and REST interfaces
● Development experience with Kubernetes and Docker
● Development experience with SQL (PostgreSQL preferred) and No-SQL (MongoDB) databases
● Demonstrated experience with Agile, TDD, CI/CD, and unit testing
● Aptitude and desire to learn, apply, and espouse new technical concepts
● Strong problem solving and analytical skills
● Must be a self-motivated, creative problem-solver with strong attention to detail
● 4+ years experience developing enterprise applications
● 3+ years experience developing enterprise applications using Golang
● Development experience with GraphQL
● Development experience with API Servers
● Development experience with messaging queues or websockets
● Familiarity with hospitality industry, workflow/task management systems, and search engine optimization
● Detail orientation and strong follow-through on personal and team tasks
● Experience with start-ups or small companies
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
We’ll drop you a note when there are new jobs that match your search.
The vacancy is already closed so you will be redirected to the jobs page.
This page will redirect in 10 seconds