N-iX is looking for the NodeJS Engineer, who will design, document and build microservices using technologies like NodeJS, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Redis and gRPC. The ideal candidate will be an experienced developer who has worked with cloud native applications and is an expert in writing RESTful and RPC APIs. You will work with multiple development groups and architects to understand the project requirements and combine them to design and build a solution that can integrate to the current ecosystem of the project microservices and applications. You will work closely with the Ops teams and provide DevOps support for the microservices and applications you create. As an active part of a scrum team you will work on not only delivering a high quality working product in a timely manner, but also on improving the effectiveness and efficiency of your team.
- Work closely with application developers to determine API design for new microservices
- Build microservices with Restful and gRPC APIs using NodeJS
- Setup microservices on enterprise PAAS
- Build and provide support teams with Docker images for new microservices created
- Maintain and enhance existing web applications and ensure all internal systems are integrated
- Perform code reviews, assist team members with technical problems and ensure best practices
- Participate in designing new application features and functionality, writing API's, scalability and maintainability improvements
- Meet and interact with user interface designers, solution architects, marketing specialists, database architects and developers as needed to elicit, define, analyze and document requirements for new application
- Monitor microservices under team’s domain for issues and improvements
- Perform testing of own code and write unit tests as well as automated tests for continuous integration
- Diverse Software Engineering experience (3+ years)
- Expertise in working on one of the following technologies: NodeJS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of best practices for building cloud native applications
- Full stack experience and experience with modern web frontend frameworks is a plus
- Experience with .NET Core is a plus
- Experience with NodeJS frameworks such as Express.js, Fastify, NestJS, Hapi
- Master in writing REST-based services
- Familiarity with building, unit testing and deploying Docker images as well as familiar with CI concepts for microservices
- Knowledge of different PaaS solutions – OpenShift, CloudFoundry, etc.
- Worked closely in a scrum team with a cross functional team
- Experience in using SQL Databases (e.g. MSSQL/MySQL)
- You have experience in using NoSQL Databases (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Experience with Git, SVN, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, UML
- Experience with major cloud providers – AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and UDP protocols (sockets)
- Understanding of Event-driven, streaming architectures, CQRS, etc.
- Knowledge of system design and software architectures
- Familiar with containerization and orchestration solutions – Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- Multithreading development experience
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Possibility of partial remote work
- Best hardware
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- Healthcare & sport benefits
- An inspiring and comfy office
- Challenging tasks and innovative projects
- Meetups and events for professional development
- An individual development plan
- Mentorship program
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more.