Remote, Dnipro, Vinnytsia, Zaporizhzhia, Lviv, Kyiv
ChargePoint is an electric vehicle infrastructure company based in California. ChargePoint operates the largest online network of independently owned EV charging stations operating in USA and other 13 countries.
What You Will Be Doing
- You will build user-facing products and scalable architecture to handle thousands of charging sessions per second. As a product backend engineer at ChargePoint, you’ll be working on code that’s closest to the business from building and maintaining real-time communication with stations involving authentication, Charging Session Data and diagnostic data handling
- You would be working with the industry standard protocols and help build, enhance and mature the EV industry protocol standards
- Your work will impact electrical vehicle drivers, fleets, and operations teams as they use the ChargePoint network across the globe
- You will work across teams to build and collaborate on product requirements for the next generation of world-class EV technology products
- Help make our team better by contributing to code reviews, documentation, and development process.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Write code for high-quality IoT gateway and backend applications, create robust applications, and develop functional prototypes quickly
- Introduce new and cutting-edge technologies to help ChargePoint cloud make scalable and highly available solutions to handle large amount of real-time data and communication
- Work with the Product team to design and spec new functionality
- Work with QA to understand and deliver the work in a given timeline
- Participate in all phases of development, from design to implementation, unit testing, and release
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years of industry experience
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Familiarity with server architectures, web services (REST, SOAP) and distributed systems and microservices
- Experience with any server-side programming language like Golang, JAVA, PHP. Hands-on experience with Golang and PHP will be a plus.
- Experience with Internet of Things, Cloud Infrastructure, Device and Network management will be a plus.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale cloud based application.
- Understanding of web concepts such as session, cache, cookies, connection pooling, and so on
- Working knowledge of different kinds of databases i.e. Relational, In-memory, NoSql etc.
- Knowledge of source control tools.
- Working experience of multithreading and multiprocessing applications.
- Working knowledge of Asynchronous processing and queuing system like RabbitMq.
- Experience in working with Docker and Kubernetes in an application will be a plus.
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Possibility of partial remote work
- Best hardware
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- Healthcare & sport benefits
- An inspiring and comfy office
- Challenging tasks and innovative projects
- Meetups and events for professional development
- An individual development plan
- Mentorship program
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more.