We are looking for a seasoned Senior Software engineer who has experience across a number of technologies and worked with teams at various evolutionary states.
UK-based rapidly growing online grocer with a focus on food sourced from local farmers, fishermen and other producers. The company now provides farm-to-table foods and fresh fish for consumers in the London area, along with ethically-sourced baby & kids, household and deli products.
You are comfortable as a leader and mentor of your fellow engineers, who often ask you for advice and guidance. You’re a team player, who works collaboratively to achieve the shared goals. You are unafraid to challenge aspects outside your direct remit and passionately champion ‘the right thing’. You will believe in continuous delivery, continuous integration, instrumentation and telemetry and the benefits that they bring. You have experience teams at different levels of maturity getting the benefits from these methods while understanding that context is everything.
You’ll feel comfortable working in an architectural domain, at ease debating delivery priorities with our Architecture team and Product Managers. You are an expert in software engineering, but don’t over engineer or build for a re-use that never happens.
You understand that real change happens by continual improvement of our practices and principles.
As a key member of a small, fast-moving company, you will be empowered to use your creativity to have impact, getting involved at all levels of the product life cycle. We're constantly evolving our product, building key features and setting the direction that will affect the business for years to come. You would be a central part of moving our software stack forward at every level, working in and nurture a team of capable and friendly developers who love building great software.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience developing scalable high-performance web applications;
- Strong experience with Ruby on Rails framework for rapidly developing web applications with additional ability to support development in other programming languages;
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM development;
- Strong knowledge of OOP principles, design patterns, best development practices
- Experience with REST based API consumption and creation in Rails Strong database skills with SQL;
- Commitment to test driven development;
- Ability to establish and improve continuous delivery and continuous delivery practices;
- Ability to communicate with English native speakers on a daily basis.