Remote, Dnipro, Vinnytsia, Zaporizhzhia, Lviv, Kyiv
We are looking for a strong, highly motivated Scala Developer, who will fulfill our cross functional team as backend developer on new product development.
You’ll have responsibility for all aspects of the application development lifecycle, from design through to build, test and deploy, plus anything from back-end services to their client-end counterparts.
You'll be involved in collaboration with the rest of the team and a customer working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a passion for collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential. Our customer gives us freedom and trust on full development lifecycle
Over time, you will begin to establish your own responsibilities as you both define and react to the opportunities to enhance and improve our system. You'll be excited about making an impact and growing with the team.
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Sharing new ideas and techniques and methodologies
- Delivering quality through well written unit testing
- Build tools and automation of development techniques
- Collaboration and communication with team and customer in all development phases
- 5+ years of commercial Scala development experience
- Rich experience creating REST-based web-services
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience of usage AWS as deployment platform
- Experience with ReactJS is a big plus
- Expertise in prototyping and rapid development
- Experience with CI, and ideally CD
- Proficiency with unit testing frameworks
- Analyze, plan and estimate requirements as well as identify risks involved and provide solutions to them
- Understanding of design principles behind scalable and testable applications
- Experience with agile methodology will be a plus
- Experience working in cross-functional team
- Experience working on new product development
The Client is a UK-based company operating on the energy market paying high attention to Green energy (renewable resources). The Client's aim is to help deliver great value gas and electricity and outstanding service to their customers.
Scala, Java, Akka HTTP, React, Kafka, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, GitHub, AWS, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Docker, CircleCI, Linux, Web-services (REST), microservices architecture
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Possibility of partial remote work
- Best hardware
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- Healthcare & sport benefits
- An inspiring and comfy office
- Challenging tasks and innovative projects
- Meetups and events for professional development
- An individual development plan
- Mentorship program
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more.