The role is involved in designing, implementing and managing the data and analysis platforms and infrastructure, and works closely with Architects, Data Engineers, and others to determine what data management systems are appropriate for specific solutions. The role builds and maintains data management systems to support integrations, reporting and analytical systems. In this role you will be focused on delivery and support for our current data platforms. The ideal candidate has worked in Teradata, experience in traditional relational databases, and data integration. Experience with Hadoop – both on premises and in the AWS cloud is a plus as there are opportunities to work in the data lake.
About the client:
Our customer is Fortune 500 company. As a leading business-to-business organization, more than 3.2 million customers rely on its products in categories such as safety, material handling and metalworking, along with services like inventory management and technical support.
- Builds and maintains systems that combine core data sources into data warehouses, lakes or other accessible structures.
- Perform data conversion, data imports, data exports and transformations.
- Support a Teradata environment used by all areas of the business.
- Develop and maintain a data dictionary.
- Design and implement processes to ensure data integrity and standardization.
- Implements data reliability, efficiency, and quality improvements.
- Resolves low to moderately complex conflicts between models.
- Demonstrated ability to learn from others as well as independently
- 2-4 years of experience within Data Warehousing and Analytics with demonstrable experience in data integration and data warehouse projects.
- Proven experience working in Teradata.
- Prior experience building on Cloud technology providers (preference for AWS but open to Azure or GCP) is a plus.
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (i.e. Python or Java) is a plus.
- Experience with big data technologies (Hadoop, Sqoop, Hue, MapReduce, Kafka, Hive, Spark, Ranger) is a plus.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Attention to detail, excellent problem-solving ability, and strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
Would be Plus:
- Hands-on experience in Business Objects/Tableau reporting
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and compensation package
- 18 business days of payable annual free-time
- 10 days of paid sick leave
- An inspiring and comfy office
- The best hardware
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- Relax zones
- Relocation package
- Regular office fruit delivery
- Challenging tasks and projects
- An individual development plan
- A personal education budget
- A regular performance appraisal
- Mentorship opportunities
- Business trips
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more.