The ideal candidate for this position is experienced in designing and
developing high performing and scalable applications that deliver
business value. This position will be involved in small to large scale
projects through all stages of the software development life cycle from
requirements gathering to implementation. This person will collaborate
with the user interface and experience teams, other back-end and front-
end developers and architects to deliver great applications.
- Be a forward-thinking technologist who is continuously
researching new approaches to problems and discussing them
with others in a productive manner, in a community of practice
- Be actively involved in designing new application features and
functionality, improving scalability and maintainability.
- Support and expertise for a complex and hybrid (cloud and on-
premises) infrastructure environment; evaluation (with
recommendations) to enable proper operability of applications
on both infrastructure and software levels.
- Meet regularly and interact productively with a diverse team of
business stakeholders, user interface and experience designers,
architects, engineers as needed to elicit, define, analyze and
document requirements and principles for new applications.
- Support less experienced team members in defining technical
requirements to facilitate design, development, testing,
implementation and ongoing support of applications within the
- Provide coaching to other team members to assist them with
technical challenges and assignments.
- Ensure timely escalation of issues that are blocking oneself or
- Help the team support applications built in production,
addressing issues in a timely fashion, respecting agreed upon
service level objectives.
- Contribute to defining and implementing best practices,
standards and procedures including quality and delivery
- Comply with the documented software processes and
procedures throughout the life cycle of software products.
- Solicit and participate in code reviews and unit testing
- If there is need, participate in research and proof of concepts,
ensuring the value is documented and socialized.
- Share knowledge and lessons learned with others in the
- Apply significant knowledge of the technology industry trends
to help Questrade to improve and build innovative products.
- Assist with the technical screening of new team members
joining engineering teams.
- Degree, diploma or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Software Engineering
- Digital financial services experience preferred.
- Exposure to the full software development life cycle, ideally
including design, configuration, integration, testing and support
including, but not limited to, gathering requirements, designing
the future state solution, the development work breakdown, as
well as supporting quality assurance and post-production
- Experience with unit testing frameworks.
- Strong skills at performance application tuning.
- Have good interpersonal, verbal and written skills and the
ability to interact with multiple levels of technical audiences.
- Strong documentation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time-management and organizational abilities that
facilitate structured teamwork.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt and change based on new business
requirements and environment.
Preferred technical stack:
- Frameworks: NodeJS, NestJS, Google Protobuf
- Data: Google Cloud SQL, Redis Cache.
- Streaming: Google Pub/Sub.
- Infrastructure: Google Kubernetes Engine, and other
- Google Cloud Platform components.
- Tools: Gitlab, Jira, preferably automated CI/CD.
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Possibility of partial remote work
- Best hardware
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- Healthcare & sport benefits
- An inspiring and comfy office
- Challenging tasks and innovative projects
- Meetups and events for professional development
- An individual development plan
- Mentorship program
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more.