N-iX is a software development service company that helps businesses across the globe develop successful software products. During 20 years on the market and by leveraging the capabilities of Easter Europe talents, the company has grown to 2000+ professionals with a broad portfolio of customers in the area of Fortune 500 companies and technological start-ups. With its headquarters in Lviv, Ukraine, the company also has multiple development offices in the East European region and representative entities in the United States of America, Sweden, and Malta.
Throughout the years of its operations, the company has developed strong expertise in such fields as digital turn-key solutions engineering, cloud services, big data & analytics, user experience design, engineering excellence, digital platforms integration, and its own R&D in different domains such as financial services & banking, telecommunications, e-commerce, automotive, manufacturing, and others.
The modern global trends in the IT industry have led the company to consider its expansion to the Latin American market to complement its expertise with high-end talents in the area.
Our client is a Financial Group of Companies committed to helping Canadians become more financially successful and secure. We are everything a traditional financial institution is not. Our vision is to revolutionize financial services for the benefit of Canadians by providing the most innovative and cost-efficient financial services online.
The Senior Full Stack Engineer will collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and product owners to develop high-performing and scalable solutions for our corporate web applications.
Duties will include determining the structure and design of web pages, striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design, and ensuring web design is optimized for smartphones.
The engineer will be responsible for building the structure of a software application. This role involves writing business logic, server scripts, and application programming interfaces (APIs) that other applications will eventually utilize.
- Be actively involved in creating new application features and functionality by writing MVC UI components, APIs, and Microservices, and making scalability and maintainability improvements
- Participate in solution design exercises with designers, enterprise architects, and other engineers in order to thoroughly understand, document and implement requirements
- Provide support and expertise for a multi-tier environment
- Evaluate/recommend any additional infrastructure or software required to support our web applications
- Play an active role in defining and implementing best practices, standards, and procedures including quality and delivery methodologies
- Ensure compliance with the documented software processes and procedures throughout the life cycle of software products
- Develop unit tests, extend and enhance existing automated testing frameworks
- Assist in developing and refining CI/CD pipelines for web applications, and participate in the deployment and release activities
- Roll out CMS patches and upgrades in order to maintain the security and integrity of our applications
- Conduct research and proof of concepts for new features and processes
- Willing to share knowledge, and lessons learned with team members
- Strong software engineering background including a successful software engineering career.
- Strong knowledge of web-based application development technologies.
- Web: Single Page Applications (SPAs) using Angular, REST APIs are written using microservices in Node.js
- Strong understanding of object-oriented (OOP) development.
- System environment: Windows and Mac OS X.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and supporting tools, i.e. Jasmine, and Karma
- Exposure to the full software development life cycle, ideally including design, configuration, integration, testing, and support including, but not limited to, gathering requirements, designing the future state solution, the development work breakdown, as well as supporting quality assurance and post-production efforts
- MongoDB, Redis Cache, SQL Server, MemSQL.
- Streaming: Google Pub/Sub, Kafka
- Infrastructure: Google Kubernetes Engine, and other Google Cloud Platform components(min experience).
- Tools: Gitlab, Jira, Confluence, preferably automated CI/CD.
- Strong experience creating REST APIs
Nice to have:
- Data: Google Cloud Firestore
- Flexible working format - remote, office-based or flexible
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Personalized career growth
- Professional development tools (mentorship program, tech talks and trainings, centers of excellence, and more)
- Active tech communities with regular knowledge sharing
- Education reimbursement
- Paid vacation days, sick leaves, and days off
- Healthcare & Sport program
- Medical insurance
- Memorable anniversary presents
- Corporate events and team buildings