N-iX is a software development service company that helps businesses across the globe develop successful software products. During 20 years on the market and by leveraging the capabilities of Easter Europe talents, the company has grown to 2000+ professionals with a broad portfolio of customers in the area of Fortune 500 companies as well as technological start-ups. With its headquarters in Lviv, Ukraine, the company also has multiple development offices in the East European region and representative entities in the United States of America, Sweden, and Malta.
Throughout the years of its operations, the company has developed strong expertise in such fields as digital turn-key solutions engineering, cloud services, big data & analytics, user experience design, engineering excellence, digital platforms integration, and its own R&D in different domains such as financial services & banking, telecommunications, e-commerce, automotive, manufacturing, and others.
The modern global trends in the IT industry have led the company to consider its expansion to the Latin American market to complement its expertise with high-end talents in the area.
We are looking for a Senior C/C++ Engineer (with Java/Python) with extensive experience in interfacing with autonomous material handling equipment such as conveyors, ASRS systems and cranes. You are expected to have built integrations with warehouse control systems (WCS)/warehouse execution systems (WES) and/or manufacturing execution systems (MES) as well as have experience or strong knowledge of interfacing with programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
You are expected to have extensive experience building performant, scalable, reliable, and testable software solutions who is comfortable working within an Agile SCRUM team using test driven methodologies.
Some of the things expected from you include the following:
- Experience working with (WCS) vendors to build interfaces to enable integration of our Warehouse Management System (WMS) with conveyor and pallet handling systems via Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Experience in systems integration using Modbus or other PLC communications tech.
- Experience integrating WMS and automated storage and retrieval systems (ASRS).
- Experience in integrating with process control equipment using OPC-UA or equivalent technologies.
- Extensive experience promoting and working with test driven development.
- Hands on participation in design, coding, testing, and deploying systems.
- Has mentored and encouraged other developers.
- Designs systems with an APIs first architectural approach.
- At least 5 years of proven hands-on Software Development experience with languages like C, C++ as well as higher level languages like Java and Python.
- Proven experience in technologies to enable facilities automation using conveyors, cranes and other material handling systems.
- Working knowledge of Java programming to facilitate integrations with our WMS system.
- Robust knowledge of data persistence frameworks and databases.
- Experience with APIs driven development and REST frameworks.
- Expert level knowledge with Maven, Git, and GitHub.
- Experience using Atlassian tools (Confluence, Jira).
- Always maintain a professional manner in appearance and communications.
- Participate in staff and/or customer meetings if required.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
- Identify and record any issues relating to product, processes and/or quality.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through appropriate channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Follow posted security procedures at all times while in the building.
- Participate in Safety and Educational Training.
You will report to the Software Development Manager in this role.
- Located in Medellin, Colombia – Hybrid work model.
- Upper-Intermediate English level.
- Flexible working format - remote, office-based or flexible
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Personalized career growth
- Professional development tools (mentorship program, tech talks and trainings, centers of excellence, and more)
- Active tech communities with regular knowledge sharing
- Education reimbursement
- Paid vacation days, sick leaves, and days off
- Healthcare & Sport program
- Medical insurance
- Memorable anniversary presents
- Corporate events and team buildings