We seek a highly skilled and experienced Middle Performance Engineer to join our dynamic team.
About the project:
Our customer is the leading school transportation provider in North America, being the owner of more than a half of all yellow school buses in the United States. Every day, the company completes 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined and delivers reliable, quality services for 1,100 school districts.
N-iX has built a successful cooperation with the client delivering a range of complex initiatives. As a result, N-iX has been selected as a strategic long-term partner to drive the digital transformation on an enterprise level, fully remodeling the technology landscape for 55,000 employees and millions of people across North America.
- Conduct performance testing and analysis of software applications to identify performance bottlenecks, potential issues, and areas for improvement.
- Design and execute performance test plans, scenarios, scripts, and cases for various software products.
- Collaborate with development and testing teams to set performance benchmarks and define performance acceptance criteria.
- Utilize performance monitoring tools to gather and analyze performance metrics, providing valuable insights for optimisation.
- Identify system limitations and recommend enhancements to improve scalability, responsiveness, and stability.
- Stay updated with industry trends and best practices in performance engineering and contribute to continuously improving the team's knowledge and skills.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience as a Performance Engineer for 2+ years, with a strong track record of optimizing the performance of complex software applications and systems.
- In-depth knowledge of performance testing methodologies, tools, and best practices.
- Proficiency in using performance testing tools.
- Experience working with k6.io
- Experience working with APM tools (DataDog or New Relic)
- Familiarity with cloud technologies and their impact on application performance.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, capable of working collaboratively within a team environment.
- Flexible working format - remote, office-based or flexible
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Personalized career growth
- Professional development tools (mentorship program, tech talks and trainings, centers of excellence, and more)
- Active tech communities with regular knowledge sharing
- Education reimbursement
- Paid vacation days, sick leaves, and days off
- Healthcare & Sport program
- Medical insurance
- Memorable anniversary presents
- Corporate events and team buildings