Our client provide comprehensive operational support and a range of expert services to the world’s leading insurers, brokers, fleet managers and automotive manufacturers. Theirs 3,300 employees across ten countries deliver exceptional standards on a large scale for over 1,200 clients. They help the global insurance market to handle millions of claims each year in the most cost-effective and efficient ways possible.
This is a great opportunity for a Senior .NET Software Engineer to join a talented Software Development team working on a variety of projects to build Azure-based applications for their strategic global platform. You will bring prior experience in developing Web API-based applications written in either the .NET Framework or .NET Core, working in medium-sized development teams utilizing features such as Azure web apps, SQL PaaS databases, blob storage, service bus, and other Azure services. Front-end development experience in Angular is also beneficial. They are embarking on an exciting and challenging transformation program, and software solutions are a driving force behind this strategy to deliver cloud-based computing and leading-edge design and architecture to our business.
- Develop .NET Core based Web APIs
- Developing and maintaining an Angular user interface
- Optimizing the user experience and Front End performance
- Keep implementations responsive for mobile websites
- Ensuring the UI meets user accessibility standards
- Development of the overall design of both architecture and user stories
- Develop performant SQL database table designs and queries using Entity Framework
- Create quality unit testing around all developed code
- Assist in incorporating automated acceptance testing as part of the build pipeline
- Ensure new Azure features are utilized as appropriate
- Be an active member of the Scrum team, improving processes and ensuring that the team delivers on their commitment
- 5+ years’ experience using the Microsoft development stack including .NET, SQL Server, Entity Framework, dependency injection, and Azure
- A strong understanding of core object-oriented software design patterns
- Worked in an agile environment employing scrum methodology and JIRA as a SDLC management tool
- Experienced in Angular 5+, ES6 / Typescript, Object oriented basics and SASS
- Good level knowledge of HTML / CSS
- Experienced in using Git in SDLC
- Knowledge of Azure VSTS, continuous integration and automated deployment would be a great advantage
- Having had previously exposure to Docker in a professional environment is desirable
- Self-organising problem solver.
- Able to think outside the box (open thinking).
- Strong ability to work effectively with both local and remote colleagues. Collaborating, motivating and energizing others.
- Possess the drive and enthusiasm required to build and deploy high quality, cutting edge software.
- Attention to detail.
- Always looking to continuously improve and learn new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be active in the development community, contributing to blogs, researching or Opensource.
- Show maturity and calmness when placed in high pressure and demanding situations such as delivery deadlines
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible working format - remote, office-based or flexible
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Personalized career growth
- Professional development tools (mentorship program, tech talks and trainings, centers of excellence, and more)
- Active tech communities with regular knowledge sharing
- Education reimbursement
- Paid vacation days, sick leaves, and days off
- Healthcare & Sport program
- Medical insurance
- Memorable anniversary presents
- Corporate events and team buildings