N-iX is looking for a DB Support Engineer to join our team.
About the project:
Our customer is the leading school transportation provider in North America, being the owner of more than a half of all yellow school buses in the United States. Every day, the company completes 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined and delivers reliable, quality services for 1,100 school districts.
N-iX has built a successful cooperation with the client delivering a range of complex initiatives. As a result, N-iX has been selected as a strategic long-term partner to drive the digital transformation on an enterprise level, fully remodeling the technology landscape for 55,000 employees and millions of people across North America.
- 3+ years of MS SQL development experience
- Understanding of common techniques for MS SQL performance tuning and optimization
- Extensive experience with stored procedures, DB Cursors, Error handling (Try Catch)
- Experience with Powershell
Would be a plus:
- Experience with Kronos WIM (Workforce Integration Manager)
- Experience with Oracle DB
- Own support tickets and troubleshooting within the existing tools, and services
- Investigate Technical Issues: reported problems and bugs, identify an issue’s root cause, describe an issue’s symptoms
- Quantify an issue’s scope and propose a solution
- Working with internal cross-functional teams to solve technical problems
- Solving technical problems, demonstrating product value, and communicating clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Troubleshoot areas of poor performance and identify effective solutions to resolve issues both in the immediate future and for the longer term.
- Document support ticket resolution and apply these fixes for customers
- Flexible working format - remote, office-based or flexible
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Personalized career growth
- Professional development tools (mentorship program, tech talks and trainings, centers of excellence, and more)
- Active tech communities with regular knowledge sharing
- Education reimbursement
- Paid vacation days, sick leaves, and days off
- Healthcare & Sport program
- Medical insurance
- Memorable anniversary presents
- Corporate events and team buildings