About the project:
Our customer is the leading school transportation provider in North America, being the owner of more than a half of all yellow school buses in the United States. Every day, the company completes 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined and delivers reliable, quality services for 1,100 school districts.
N-iX has built a successful cooperation with the client delivering a range of complex initiatives. As a result, N-iX has been selected as a strategic long-term partner to drive the digital transformation on an enterprise level, fully remodeling the technology landscape for 55,000 employees and millions of people across North America.
- Specify, design, build, and support data warehousing and BI solutions.
- Create dashboards and KPIs to show the business performance to management.
- Design and maintain data models used for reporting and analytics.
- Help the broader team identify new features and business opportunities through your analysis.
- Enable self service capabilities within the BI tools for users to be able to slice and dice information as needed.
- Build various data visualizations to tell the story of trends, patterns, and outliers.
- Monitor and tunes BI tools to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Provide updates to customers, business, and staff on a timely basis for projects and tasks.
- Analyze existing reports and optimize them for standardization across the company.
- Ensure data accuracy by validating data for new and existing tools.
- Proven work experience as a Power BI engineer, with a minimum of 4+ years with SQL, SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, PowerBI, SSAS
- Understanding of data modeling, ETL processes, and data warehousing concepts.
- In-depth knowledge of Power BI / Excel
- Strong experience working in Agile environments like Scrum/Kanban
- Proven track record of visualizing complex reports for business stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities, with the capacity to mentor and guide a team
- At least an Upper-intermediate level of English.
- Business Intelligence certifications is a plus.
- Familiarity with additional AWS data services and tools
- Familiarity with Snowflake or similar DWH solutions
- Expertise in Python programming for data manipulation, automation, and analysis.
- Flexible working format - remote, office-based or flexible
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Personalized career growth
- Professional development tools (mentorship program, tech talks and trainings, centers of excellence, and more)
- Active tech communities with regular knowledge sharing
- Education reimbursement
- Paid vacation days, sick leaves, and days off
- Healthcare & Sport program
- Medical insurance
- Memorable anniversary presents
- Corporate events and team buildings