Our partner Fluke Corporation is the world leader in the manufacture, distribution and service of electronic test tools and software. Fluke is part of Fortive Corporation, a global family of more than 20 industry-leading industrial growth and technology companies.
- Location: USA
- Industry: Industry 4.0, Industrial IoT
8 facts about the Fluke team at N-iX
1. About the client:
Fluke Corporation designs, develops, manufacturers, and sells electronic test and measurement instruments that allow engineering staff of global enterprises to remotely access, monitor, and manage their assets from mobile devices. Its solutions are used by the world’s leaders in manufacturing, airport operations, and logistics, such as Honda North America, Toyota UK, Volkswagen, Boston Logan Airport, Zalando, and many more.
2. Products we are working on:
N-iX teams are working on the development of solutions for improved asset maintenance. Our team has been working on:
- Fluke mobile, a solution that gives users easy access to critical operations data and work orders.
- Fluke Connect2Assets that helps intelligently monitor the equipment health by analyzing sensors that measure a variety of different indicators.
- eMaint – a powerful cloud-based CMMS that helps maintenance teams plan, track, and optimize their maintenance operations.
- Condition monitoring dashboard that enables to measure the overall health of the clients’ asset portfolio (facility trends, alarms, etc.). Also, the team provides data science expertise to improve the health condition of assets.
3. Team structure:
There are 5 independent scrum teams at N-iX working on different products for the client. Each team usually consists of a product owner, a scrum master, front-end engineer(s), a QA engineer (manual or automation), backend developer(s). Also, there are cross team players, such as a dev manager, a product manager, a software architect, a DevOps engineer, and more.
4. Team growth:
This project at N-iX started with 3 engineers in 2013. Since then, we have grown to 25+ tech specialists. In 2020, grew faster than ever and at the end of the year, we formed two more teams within the Fluke project.
The project covers a big variety of technologies, so that this is a perfect project for those who want to work with new interesting technologies and master their tech skills.
- Architecture: Microservices, microkernel, hexagonal, layered
- Technologies: Spring Boot, Hasura, GraphQL, Visual FoxPro, .NET (Cucumber, Dapper, Autofac), Angular JS, React JS, Ionic, Dexie JS, MQTT, Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, Apache CouchDB, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, Apache Parquet, Apache Spark, AWS, Kubernetes
6. Professional growth opportunities:
As the project is interesting from the tech side, there are also great opportunities for professional development. For example, there have been many growth stories and promotions on the team: a lot of junior/middle engineers increased their qualification level, and so on. On this project, you can do tasks of different complexity and always have support from more experienced teammates.
7. Working processes:
The Fluke team has recently switched to Lean Software Development, which improved work efficiency and the working processes. Communication with the client is effective and easy, so N-iX specialists are always aware of what is going on and can talk directly to the customer about any issues.
8. Team spirit:
The teams are really friendly and have a strong team spirit, so most of the specialists stay at the project for a long time. Here everyone can rely on professional advice and support from colleagues.
As the project is growing, new career opportunities appear every day. One of them might be a perfect fit for you!